1. I wish to on behalf of the Jarigbe Agom Jarigbe Campaign Council congratulate the wards Executive committees of the Peoples Democratic Party in the 196 wards in CRS and the Chapter Executive Committees of the 18 LGAs in Cross River State, for the outstanding victory at the Supreme Court on the vexed issue of the authenticity of the Congresses that duly electedyou into office last year and your subsequent inauguration and consistent confirmation by the National Working Committee, the Federal High Court and the Court of Appeal.
2. There is no gainsaying that the task of rebuilding the Party to her enviable ‘family’status that accommodates everyone in her symbolic Umbrella remains a daunting one indeed.
3. You must brace yourselves to live up to the expectations of our people to offer credible leadership devoid of bitterness and divisiveness despite the unfortunate altercations of the last 11 months or so. Remember that no meaningful development can take place in an atmosphere of chaos. You must therefore rededicate yourselves to work towards achieving a tranquil political environment within the party that is favourable to peaceful coexistence and consequential development.
4. You must work to embrace all shades of opinion in the party in your respective wards and chapters so that even none members will be encouraged to join us and grow the party’s strength.
5. Never lose sight of the fact that the challenge of making peace is more difficult than winning a ‘war’.
6. I believe nevertheless that you will be equal to the task given the experience of the challenges you faced in getting to this point.
7. let me use this opportunity to advise that you extend your hands of fellowship to all those who may not have been favoured by this judgment through no fault of theirs. As all can see this Executive committees are a contribution of the most diverse interests of various stakeholders that has ever emerged in the history of the party in Cross River State. Therefore there should be no fear whatsoever of any dominance of any political tendency, moving forward.
8. I wish you a successful tenure as I pray that you get to work immediately to recover Lost time to what was for all intents and purposes a needless fight.
9. Finally, let me also express our profound appreciation to the National Assembly Caucus of CRS for the uncommon support given to the struggle for participatory democracy to prevail in our body politics and especially in the last Congresses of the Party. God will reward your sacrifices in His time.
10. It is a victory for all of us.
Venatius A. Ikem
© 2021, Admin. All rights reserved.