After a contravention of Section 3.9.3 (iv) of the 2014 Regulations Governing the Condition of Service of staff of the University of Calabar which stipulates that “if a Graduate Assistant fails to obtain a Master’s degree after four (4) years, the appointment of the said staff shall be terminated”, authorities of the university have accordingly terminated the appointment of the following:
1. Department of Curriculum and Teaching – Nkanu, Celestine Uno, Samson, Cyprian Ushie and Chukwu Chukwe Agube.
2. Adie Anthony Unimke, Department of Geology.
3. Nnenna, Williams Afamuefuna, Anatomy.
4. Okoro, Bernard Chibueze, Microbiology.
4. Eze Ohara Enyinyi, Physics.
5. Udo, Nsibiet Enefiok, Mathematics.
6. Udeze, Leonard Chinedu, Computer Science.
7. Adie John Betiang, Vocational Education.
8. Ikpo Patrick Andelehe, Social Science Education.
9. Edet, Itam Ben, Human Kinetics.
10. Arihi, Blessing Ebere, Music.
11. Baba, Ganiyu Olosasa, Crop Science.
12. Okpe, John Ogbang, Forestry and Wildlife Resources Mgt.
13. Georgeline Elohor Akporume, Agric Economics.
14. Ucheji, Ojuigo Nancy, Mechanical Engineering.
15. Onwe, Peter Daffin, Electrical & Electronics Engr.
16. Adah Pius Obua and Samuel Edem Okon-Edem, Genetics & Biotechnology.
The affected staff were further advised to return all university property in their possession to their respective Heads of Departments and tender evidence of being cleared of any indebtedness by the Bursary and the University Librarian before their final disengagement, Jammy Egbe Gabriel, the University’s Registrar stated in the official correspondence to those affected.
© 2023, Admin. All rights reserved.