Fire Guts Ugep Monarch’s House, Injures Children

Obol Eteng of Ugep
Obol Eteng of Ugep
Sources in Ugep, Yakurr Local Government Area have informed www.calitown.com that parts of the private residence of the His Royal Majesty, the Obol Lopon of Ugep, Obol Ofem Ubana Eteng, went up in flames days ago, seriously injuring three of his children and sister-in-law, while two other boys sustained minor injuries while trying to escape the fire.

The fire is said to have been triggered by a gas explosion while his 18-year old daughter was attempting to properly connect the gas head to the cooker. A spark, while she was doing the needful, generated a fire which inflicted “…superficial burns of between 9% to 27% on the four-year old twins, the 18-year old girl and the Obol’s sister-in-law”, Omini Eteng, Medical Director, Angel’s Clinic, Ugep, the doctor handling the cases told www.calitown.com.

A community of people rallied round to put out the fire and help convey the victims to Angel’s Clinic, Ugep, where they are still receiving treatment. Palace sources confirmed that the monarch is treating the fire incident as a domestic accident and does not suspect any foul play.

The Cross River Geographic Information Agency,CRGIA, has all the solutions to your land needs in CRS…Don’t patronise touts, visit them now! Call 08035238992, 08037258415

© 2015, Admin. All rights reserved.

Leave a Response

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.