Cross River State governor, Ben Ayade, has declared tomorrow, Tuesday, July 30, 2019, as a tree planting public holiday.
According to a circulated press statement signed by Christian Ita, press spokesman to the governor, “the holiday is to encourage every Cross Riverian and residents of the state to take part in the Green Carnival during which about one million trees will be planted.”
“Consequently, individuals, schools, homes, churches, mosques, ministries, government agencies and departments, banks, hospitals and all business premises must plant trees tomorrow”, Ita’s release said.
As a direct consequence of the activity, from 7:00am to 4:00pm, the following routes in Calabar will be shut to vehicular traffic:
* Botanical Garden road.
* Target Road ( from former zoo to Home of the Aged gate).
* Mary Slessor Avenue (from Bogobiri to The College of Health Tech gate).
* Marian Road (from Holy Child Sec. Sch. Roundabout to Ekong-Etta junction)
* IBB way (from Akim Market junction to U J Esuene Stadium)
* Calabar Road ( from 11-11 Roundabout to Transcorp Hotels)
© 2019, Admin. All rights reserved.